eCommerce SEO mistakes and how to fix them
You know SEO is important if you’re running an eCommerce store. After all, SEO can make the difference between appearing on the first page of search results and being buried on the second or third page. But what happens if you’re not ranking as high as you’d like? What could you be doing wrong? In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the top eCommerce SEO mistakes and how you can fix them. From optimizing your product pages to getting backlinks, we’ll cover everything you need to know to get your eCommerce store ranking higher in search results.
eCommerce SEO is the process of optimizing an online store for search engines. It involves improving the visibility and ranking of the site in search engine results pages (SERPs), as well as increasing traffic and conversions.
There are many factors that contribute to eCommerce SEO, including on-page optimization (such as title tags and meta descriptions), off-page optimization (such as link building), and technical SEO (such as site speed and structure).
While eCommerce SEO can be complex, there are a few simple things you can do to improve your store’s visibility and ranking.
1. Not Optimizing Product Pages for SEO: One of the most common eCommerce SEO mistakes is failing to optimize product pages for search engines. Make sure to include relevant keywords in your product titles and descriptions, and use high-quality images to help your products stand out in search results.
2. Ignoring Mobile SEO: With more and more shoppers using mobile devices to search for products online, it’s important to make sure your eCommerce site is optimized for mobile searchers. This means creating a responsive design that looks great on all screen sizes, as well as ensuring your content is easy to read and navigate on a smaller screen.
3. Failing to Generate Fresh Content: In order to keep your eCommerce site visible in search results, it’s important to regularly create fresh, original content. This could include blog posts, product descriptions, or even videos and infographics.
4. Not Promoting Your Products on Social Media: Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your products and driving traffic to your eCommerce site. Make sure to post links to your latest products and blog posts on your social media accounts, and encourage your followers to share your content with their own followers.
5. Not Tracking Your SEO Progress: The only way to know if your eCommerce SEO efforts are paying off is to track your progress over time. Use Google Analytics or another similar service to track your website traffic, conversion rates, and other key metrics.
There are a number of common eCommerce SEO mistakes that can hurt your chances of ranking in search engines and driving traffic to your site. Here are some of the most common eCommerce SEO mistakes and how to fix them:
Not Optimizing Product Pages for Keywords – One of the most common eCommerce SEO mistakes is not optimizing product pages for target keywords. Make sure to include relevant keywords in product titles, descriptions, and other on-page elements to help search engines understand what your products are about and match them with relevant searchers.
Ignoring Image Alt Text – Another mistake that can hurt your eCommerce SEO is ignoring image alt text. Just like the text on your website, images should be optimized with relevant keywords to help improve their visibility in search results.
Failing to Implement an Effective Linking Strategy – A well-executed linking strategy is essential for good eCommerce SEO. Make sure to link internally between pages on your site, as well as externally to high-quality websites. This will help improve both the visibility and authority of your site.
Not Monitoring Your Progress – Finally, it’s important to monitor your progress and make sure that you’re on track with your eCommerce SEO goals. Use tools like Google Analytics to track traffic from search engines and see how well your site is performing. Regularly monitor your progress and adjust your strategies as needed to ensure continued success.
eCommerce SEO can be complex and time-consuming, but it’s worth it to ensure your store is visible to potential customers. If you’re looking for more help with eCommerce SEO, our experts at Marketing1on1 can assist you. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you grow your online business.